Saturday 25 January 2014

Decorate Kids Room



kids love colorful rooms.You can either get it painted by a professional painter or you can paint yourself and decorate it with your personal touch. If u are interested in up doing your child's room then read on.


Decide what u want to paint:
Preferably your child's favorite cartoon character, animals, fairies or whatever your child likes.  Then search the images on internet and select the one you want to paint.

Project and draw:
If you are good in drawing you can directly draw it on wall with pencil. I used to do it initially. But if you are not confident then I have a trick for you. If you have a projector or you know someone who has it then go grab it. You can also get it on rent for one day. Connect your laptop to the projector and project your image directly on wall. Adjust the size of image as your liking. Now you just have to draw over the image. Outline the image with pencil. Your drawing is ready for painting. 

Paint:


For painting I use artist acrylic colours. If you are good at painting try shading instead of just filling colours. It will take more time but will give a nice 3d effect.


Even if you just fill plane colors without shading, it looks nice. See this one I have done in my clinic without shading. Kids love it.




Outline:
After filling colours outline the painting with black colour. I prefer using black acrylic colour
for outlines. But you can use a waterproof permanent marker too. 


This one is now I am painting in my clinic. I will show you the finished painting afterwards.

Other easy options:
If you are a type of person who can't even fill colour in between the outlines, I have a easier way for you.  cut some stencils with easy shapes like circles, flowers, stars etc. Stick it to wall and fill with different colours. Now u won't go outside the image no matter how clumsy painter you are. Check how to make stencil and how to paint wall stencils. I haven't done kids room with stencils but just showing you some photos from google.

           



see how easy it is to give your kids a beautiful room with your personal touch . And it costs almost nothing except some time.


Now be brave and try it. And please send me the photos after finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment