Wednesday 8 May 2013

Dining room makeover


Dining room makeover :  





We are renovating our home. We were living in a total mess for 6 months. All the dusty work is over now. Thank God!

Now I have started working on the decoration. Before the renovation, our dining room wall has been painted with texture paints .The texture painting is so common now a day that you can see it in almost every home. 

   
This time I wanted something unique and beautiful. I decided to use stencils. And there begun my long search for the readymade stencils. I couldn’t get a single stencil in India as per my liking. There is almost no choice. You can order it online from out of India but it gets costly.
     
I didn't want to spend too much money on my experimental project. Hence I made the stencil myself. l drew the design I like on ohp sheet and cut it with craft knife. Here is the stencil I have made and used.

 
      
We painted the dining room wall light yellow as basic color with asian paint royal luxury (don't remember the exact shade). For stenciling I have used asian paint royal glitter color.

This is how the wall was looking before stenciling. Please ignore the mess and poor quality of photo. This is the only photo I could find.
           

     

Because of time constraint I couldn’t give a lot of time in a stretch.  l was working on it 20-30 mins daily for almost 20 days. It was a tedious work but worth it. The result was amazing. If you have time and of course patience, you can round it up in a day or two.

After finishing the cushions (done by my father) the dining room is looking like this.
       

 


    


I hope you liked my dining wall make over. You can do it too.  I'll come with the detailed tutorial on how to stencil soon. Till then if you require any information you can mail me at createawesomethings@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Hello, The wall in dining hall is looking beautiful !

    Nice hobby by my friend's wife. Keep posting, I will like to read these handy and beautiful methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work!!
    Would like to read on stencils more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. shweta kharkar12 May 2013 at 09:05

    hi dr sonali ,
    i just loved what all u did.wud like to know how did u create a stencil?what material was used for it and do share more such ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you swati and shweta. soon posting a tutorial on stencil making.

      Delete